GEORGE’S HERITAGE CENTRE
Open Tuesday – Friday 10am to 4pm
Saturday by appointment (phone 60-4-2612739)
The Heritage Centre was the vision & dream of Bishop Charles Samuel. His dream became a reality on 24 April, 2016, when it was blessed & officially opened by Archbishop Ng Moon Hing as part of our Bicentenary Launch.
Although in its own building, the Centre is part of the Church & is multi purposed –
- It is home to the Church’s amazing art collection. It compliments the Church Guides by showing the 200 year history. On display are water colours, black ink sketches & photos of inside & outside of the Church commencing at 1830 through to 2015
- A presentation runs continually showing not only the history but also some current activities of the Church
- A book nook offering bibles in several languages, children’s bibles & books as well as a large selection covering: motivation, family, depression & books on Christianity
- A small coffee shop with cakes & a range of teas, coffees, cool drinks, milk shakes & All cakes are home made. Meals are dine in or take away
- A selection of souvenirs including home decoration, crosses, bracelets & hand made, exclusive beaded jewellery from Sarawak, Borneo and hand made tapestries
We look forward to welcoming you !